Thursday 16 August 2012

Dreams In Yesteryear

There is a grammatical error in this title, I think.  Dreams Of Yesteryear may be the correct way of putting it. But I feel that these two mean differently.  I meant to express that I'm living in the current day with imaginations and dreams about yesteryear fashion.  So is it correct to say Dreams In Yesteryear?

I love to dress up in vintage style, especially those post-world war two fashion eras, I find them to be very feminine.  But, really, vintage clothings from every fashion eras in the past are so significant that we could almost relate them.  If I have to relate a fashion in the recent ten years, my mind would draw a blank.  Fashion of the 90s?  How are they like?  




Now is the good time to go visit the Vintage Fair in Second Life which is still running until 29th August, as I did.  It's almost lag-free now.  The Fair is also streaming vintage music which makes the shopping experience very enjoyable.  

In these photos, I am wearing a dress from Legal Insanity which is only available at the Vintage Fair.  With a little imagination, I added accessories that pictured the 60s look in a similar era background setting of perhaps the only sim I knew of.  You probably have seen the same car in many other photos by other photographers too.  I wish there are more retro sims around the grid I could visit for photoshoots, dancing, and role playing.




I am wearing ....

Skin:  MyDear ~ Rosanne Skin - Medium 2 [exclude beauty mole]
Hair:  Exile ~ She Loves You - Maple
Sunglasses:  Dark Mouse ~ Cat Eye - Marilyn
Scarf:  Miamai ~ Klia Scarf - Yellow
Dress:  Legal Insanity ~ Grace Dress - Zebra {Only available at Vintage Fair 2012}
Shoes:  HOC ~ Strappy Stiletto (colour changeable)
Handbag:  The Secret Store ~ Handbag - Pumpkin Lust

Visit my blog at:  http://sldelights.blogspot.com



No comments: