Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Cancer Challenge

I am not a 'somebody' in Second Life, I don't have a 'prestigious title', I am insignificant and unknown.  I doubt, for someone like me, am I capable of bringing in something in real life to Second Life in support of a good cause?  Much as I had been participating in charity events in Second Life for other parts of the world as a blogger and shopper, I feel that I could try to do something for this part of my world too.  Anyhow, I have decided to just do it without too much concern of other things and circumstances.  

Through a write-up in my local dailies, I found out a Malaysian doctor, Dr. Ong, who is a surgical resident at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, took up a cycling challenge to ride 4000km across Australia, from Darwin to Melbourne starting from 6th August to 22nd September 2012, in the quest of raising $50,000 each for Cancer Council Victoria and National Cancer Council Malaysia ... AUD 50,000 and MYR 50,000.  As written on his blog, he started his journey on 6th August at Darwin and has completed 3407.2km on 15th September.  If you would like to contribute to The Cancer Challenge, please look up this website.  Details about the whole event can also be found http://thecancerchallenge.net/.

Logging in to Second Life....  now you see me all geared up for working out in the gym!  It was not an easy task looking for the right gym outfits, there were limited choices.  However, one thing for sure is, this gym I have found was awesome!  I love the many exercise animations and it was almost a complete gym.


  



I am wearing ....

Skin:  MyDear ~ Tonia skin - Medium 1  (beauty mole not included)
Eyebrow Tattoo:  Copper eyebrow - brown
Hair:  Elikatira ~ Return - Brown 04  {The Big Annual Sale: Sept 17 - Oct 1, 2012}
Top:  Rock Me Amadeus ~ Sporty Top White
Bottom:  FBD ~ Capri Pants - Victorian Blush
Bag:  Danchu ~ Kitbag (b)
Shoes:  SL Take Away ~ My Queen Sneakers {Freebie on Marketplace}





Photography location: Alpha Gym 


No comments: